The Audacity of Invincibility
You think you’re invincible, huh?
Think you’re Superman?
Murphy has something to say about that. You know Murphy – the one with the law that says that whatever can go wrong, will? Yeah, Murphy really doesn’t take too well to those who believe they’re invincible. However, it seems that the youngest of those among us seem to think nothing bad will ever happen to them.
According to the Commissioners Disability Table (one used by insurance companies), people aged 20 and younger actually have a higher probability of a long-term disability than those who are older. The table reveals that there is actually an 80 percent chance that a 25-year-old will suffer a long-term disability (90 days or longer) and a 67 percent chance a 35-year-old will do so. Meanwhile, a 55-year-old has a 33 percent chance of being disabled.
Based on this information, do you like your chances? When was the last time you walked away from Vegas with more money in your pocket than when you arrived? When was the last time you actually picked the fastest ordering line at the fast food joint? If you have Disability Insurance, you won’t need to hedge your bets.
Murphy said, “Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value.” When you stop to think about it, is there anything more valuable (I’m talking financial value – not love, peace, relationships, God, etc.) than your ability to earn an income?
Check out doctor’s disability coverage at www.DoctorDisability.com when your odds are stacked against you.